- 2 Rolls of 4.5 x 18′
- 4 Regulation sized golf cups 4″ deep
- Free DIY build plan below.
- Material sits side by side without seaming tape, blends well, and roll is not affected!
Custom sizing for personal projects. Please email us at [email protected] for quick replies to your inquiries. We are always flexible with the pricing!
Camry Golf Carpet is used by many PGA tour pros the likes of Webb Simpson, Ben Crane, Kyle Stanley, and many more – as it best replicates tour-level greens. The best part is that it is a fraction of the cost of bumpy artificial turf. Camry carpet rolls at 11 speed and true in every direction!
Indoor Putting Green DIY Build Plan
Indoor Putting Green DIY Build Plan – Materials, Slopes, Carpet, Application
An indoor putting green could be extremely valuable. It could be for you, or it could also be a practice area for your son/daughter. We at Camry see it as an investment. There’s no better feeling than putting at home while watching the game or the weather isn’t cooperating. An indoor putting green is not appreciated enough until it’s 100+ degrees outside or below 0 and freezing!
If you have some pretty basic tools lying around and are at least a little handy, you can do this no sweat. For reference, a 4×15′ green like the one below would cost ~$200 to build – carpet and all materials in!
Links to the exact items I purchased to build this green are also be listed below.
2×4 framing , 2×4 horizontal beams
Topped off with 3/4” particle board for the base.
Drill holes using hole saw – 4 1/4″. Product link: https://amzn.to/3eQ53Ar
Apply camry carpet with carpet adhesive spread with a 1/16” trowel using its teeth. Try to apply only 3-6 feet at a time. Unroll Camry onto glued surface and smooth evenly gently. This process does not need to be rushed. No pressure down on carpet other than a book to flatten it out. Let dry.
Slit a small ‘X’ in the carpet with an exacto-knife where the Holes are and slide in Regulation cups for a flush Look.
To Add break ; Use Furniture levers!
A Couple of Notes
- Build it where you want to use it if you can. It will be awkward to move.
- You can adjust this build to whatever size you want to make it. The only tricky part may be making sure the underlayment is perfectly flush if you have to use more than 1 piece. We suggest planning 4′ width increment greens since the particle board comes at 4′ standard from local shops.
- Camry carpet is the best roll, and also shaves off about $100 vs the Big Moss artifical turf. Simply choose out the sizing you need from our Shop, or email us at camrygolfgreens@outlook,com for custom sizing. Prices are going to vary and we always do our best to get the best price.
- Slit an X in the carpet! people try to make the mistake of cutting out a perfect circle- thats a NO-NO. This will save you a lot of trouble and it will no doubt be cleaner than you or I can do it. Use an exacto knife and make the x just large enough for the cups to slide in flush with the carept wedge in between the cup and wood.
- Use tarp to cover if you are placing it outside.
- With these dimensions, you can comfortably practice up to a 15ft putt and add break to it if you want. The material rolls at 11 speed, but you can use the furniture levels on one end to hit uphill putts rolling at 7-10 speed(ITS AMAZING).
I hope this helps!
Links to the products used:
1/16″ Trowel – Amazon https://amzn.to/3x4pgsv
Hole Saw – Amazon https://amzn.to/3eQ53Ar
Furniture Levelers – Amazon https://amzn.to/3kT7S7s
Regulation 4″ Deep Cups – https://camrygolf.com/product/4-regulation-size-putting-cup-1-piece/
Camry Trunk Carpet Putting Surface- https://camrygolf.com/product/4-5-x-16-roll/
3M Carpet/ Wood All purpose Adhesive – Amazon https://amzn.to/36ZYarT